Here at our 30th post we have decided to make things a little bit easier for our readers, just not too easy.
The way we see it our readers will for the most part be in 3 zones:
Zone One You will benefit most by reading this first, our decision to drop this in after 30 posts just shows what Bastards we are.
Zone Two You don’t mind struggling along with stuff in the beginning, but some where around ten (SWAT) posts in you are beginning to get annoyed, read on – you have earned it.
Zone Three You have been thinking…….these guys are nuts / have balls / regularly lose most instruction manuals and are professional fumblers of life – you get us (Skip This Post).
For simplicity’s sake I (singular) will do the rest of the Guide.
RidicuRyder is a handle I came up with for a Motorcycle Travel Blog that started in July of 2012 – I figured any serious riders would write me off as ridiculous because I mostly ride in shorts, tee shirts and sandals. The machines whizzing along in computer circuitry auto replied back: Hey Ridicu……… Suddenly I had an extra adventurer along for the ride.
Ridicu is that side of me (fictionalized as another personality) that is always getting me in shit, distracting me from completing most projects and I have exerted a tremendous amount of energy muzzling him over the years (he has squeaked out regularly regardless). The fucking crazy thing is I really like the guy……..he just gets kinda carried away (probably because I almost never let him loose) and spins up into a Maniac whenever he gets the chance (Mmmm…..Wabbit)
Kimmie Lou Rawls/Reed has initials K-L-R . The Kawasaki KLR 650 is the World’s WorkHorse mid sized motorcycle, Kawasaki even makes a diesel version of the bike for Military applications. The KLR is a “Thumper” which means a very large single cylinder is “thumping” you along. A lot of larger or faster bikes have Twin cylinders or 4 cylinder power plants – they are higher maintenance, shinier, more expensive and very cool in their own ways.
Kimmie Lou takes us places without a lot of fuss……..she can ride highways all day long at freeway speeds or tumble along gravel roads and trails because she is a Dual Sport Motorcycle (On Road / Off Road).
Having a Dual Purpose Bike with a Dual Personality Rider (at least for entertainment purposes) just snowballed and what started out as a Goofy Motorcycle Blog eventually became less Moto (Machine) and more Goof. Several Motorcycle references early on stump a lot of readers (I was focusing more on Motorcyclists as readers). We talk to each other, our Motorcycle (Kimmie Lou) and various animals and in-animates along the ride:
– Our Helmet – airbrushed Tasmanian Devil (may fetch a little money for us some day).
– Saddlebags made by Ortleib – “O” as in Righty O (right bag) and Lefty O (left bag). They carry our heavier gear down low and seem to have distinct viewpoints along political lines (bickering can be entertaining up to a point).
– Mr Fandango is our small Orange Bag sitting on the fuel tank, very sturdy and waterproof for our iPad and Smart Phone (also minor characters in our saga). We do a few typical Motorcycle Journalist things like “Gear Reviews” and “Ride Reports” Mr Fandango in a gear review early on spring boarded us beyond reason rather abruptly.
– Animals and Birds start popping up to expand the story, a Bandit Pelican steals Kimmie Lou’s Front Disc Lock (thieves can’t roll bike away) which is Orange and is therefore called L’Orange. Skunks (Albino / Odorless, but Bitchy), Geese and other creatures creep in – some with very little dialog.
– Cars like Victoria and Veronica Vette and Margarita VW Beetle make appearances early on, later we encounter the Christ Striker – shape shifting Bunny / Alpaca / Horse named Diabolical, Grey and Shadow respectively who cruise around in Billie Holiday Blue – another VW Beetle. The human characters are somewhat based on people we have encountered, let’s hope they don’t recognize themselves here.
Plagiarism is almost a theme in the Blog, I unabashedly lay down boiler plate lingo…….I haven’t seen this summer’s blockbuster “Spiderman” remake/rework because it seems Tobey Maguire still only shaves a few times a month. I’m getting warmed up, some thing original may trickle out eventually. Copywriting will be skipped for the blog, we have however, begun to rework the purchasing arrangements for the Tasmanian.
We also have an incorrect way of tagging our posts which may provide a few clues or laughs for what is going on.The story has weirded up gradually, many of you may drop out and thanks in advance for peeking in……..if you think this might be someone else’s cup of tea, send them over.
End Times, Species Evolution and Our Megalomaniac have begun taking us further and further afield in our posts, what can I say……………Ridicu’s on holiday.